Runners will start in waves of ~150 based on the wave you select when you register. Please tell your friends which wave you are registering for so you can start together.
Please see the Event Info page for a provisional start time schedule.
There are great group discount rates for groups of 10 or more, the runners can cover any range of distances on race day. 10-19 runners, save 15%. 20-49 runners, save 20%. 50+ runners, save 25%. All bookings must be made in advance of race day to qualify for the discounted rate. Groups of 20 or more must book 4 weeks in advance.
All our finishers receive a top of the range custom medal as well as a buffet of fresh fruit and other tasty treats. We also recognise a few of the speedy runners on the following basis.
The final number of prizes awarded is determined by the number of finishers for each gender in a given race distance. If there are more than 100 finishers then the full range range of awards are made as shown above. If there are less than 50-100 finishers then the top 3 finishers overall will be awarded a prize. If there are less than 50 then only the winner will be awarded a prize. We do not have any winner's prizes for any of the children's events as would like to keep this participation focused.
There is no on the day prize giving because of the multi wave, multi start time format of the events. Prize winners will be contacted mid week via email.
Whilst it feels like life is returning to normal, and we sincerely hope it is, there is the potential for further disruption which could come into play at any time. In this event we will still owe payment to our suppliers; medical cover, portaloos etc which we will honour. This means we will have to pay for these facilities twice, in full again on the rearranged date which will put a big hole in the funds. This does mean we won't be in a position to offer a refund.
In the event of a cancellation (local or national restrictions, bad weather etc) everyone will automatically roll over to our contingency date/race OR you can have a free transfer to a friend (within 7 days of the event postponement notice) OR you can email us within 7 days of the event postponement notice to let us know you can't make the back up date and you will be able to choose any other event in the following 15 months.
Unfortunately we have very few date options for Eastnor, so if the event is not able to be held in 2022, all runners would automatically roll over to our 2023 date, most likely on Sunday 8th Oct.
We have approval from the Safety Advisory Group for Events (SAGE) for this new event format, which is hugely exciting, and we feel is a real testament to the seriousness that we approach our events. This SAGE is local version of the national team that advises the government on safety. On the board are Public Health England, police, ambulance service and all council departments within Bath and North East Somerset Council. This is the highest level of approval an event can receive, it serves as the strongest signal that an event can have that we are doing things right. Whilst you read the event plan below, some of the format will be new, some things have changed, but this is absolutely the only way an event can be held right now.
To keep inline with government guidance and our SAGE review, we have some easy to follow rules which I am sure you are all used to by now. Best summarised as; be socially distanced, apply hand wash/hand sanitiser and wear a face covering (not during your run), respect other users on the route. In more detail;
- Please do not attend the event if you have displayed any covid symptoms in the 14 days in the run up to the event.
- Please download the Track and Trace App to your phone...you know you will end up doing it eventually so lets do it now!
- If arriving by foot or bike, please aim to arrive with 30mins to spare before your start time. Please make your way from the race site 30mins after you finish your race.
- We are practising a 2m+ social distance policy, we have the luxury of space so we are going to make good use of it. One way systems will be in play with socially distanced markers on the floor where you might need to queue.
- If you see some hand sanitiser, please apply it.
- Gatherings of 6 may only take place away from the main race areas; please don't meet up by the start line, or the finish area. We have use of a large site :-)
- Spectators are welcome!
- We are not performing temperature checks pre race. If you do not feel well in any way, do not attend the event. Covid tests are not available on site.
- The course is largely on private land, with a few very quiet parts which are shared with to the public. As always, our definition of a successful event is one that our runners enjoy and one that the wider community enjoys. More so than ever, it is vital you respect the space of other users, there are far more significant matters at play here than chasing a new PB. Please give way to other users if you can not pass safely.