The format of our 8hr and 12hr races are informed from by the original Backyard Ultra event and we have adopted as many of them as we can for our event.
1) Course. The course will be 4.167 miles or 6.7056 km in length. We have measured this with a measuring wheel, so don't panic if your GPS shows some small variation.
2) Starting Corral. The starting corral will fit the entire starting field which will remain the same size through out the event. Participants must be in the starting corral at the bell.
3) Starts. Each loop starts precisely 1 hour after the last. Warning will be given 3, 2 and 1 minutes prior to the start, though runners are solely responsible for being ready to start on time. All competitors must start at the bell, no late starts.
4) Each loop must be completed within an hour to count. Relay raps must be completed within 12hrs to count. Relays wraps can not be started beyond 11hrs and 35mins into the race.
5) Timing the loops is optional but we will be providing timing at our event
6) There are no winners of the solo 8hr and 12hr races, the full distance is either achieved or it is not. There will be results showing the teams which run the furthest total distance.