How does it work?
1) Join one of Two Teams; #TeamTrail or #TeamTarmac - your run can be on any surface, no matter which team you join.
2) Upload your evidence and claim your medal from our set below. Tag us in your photos @RelishRunning #RelishRunning, #TeamTarmac or #TeamTrial. Search for the hashtags and support your fellow runners.
3) Next run, add your miles to your team's tally. The challenge is a race to reach a total distance of 1,407km.
4) Every Monday evening, we will update our social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram) with details of who the leading team is, but not by how much...We will try and add a feature to show how many miles each runner has logged, but no promises...could be rather tricky.
5) You can join in a team at any time, and run as many times as you like! If one team is getting more sign ups, we will limit sign ups for that team until the balance is somewhat redressed.
6) One member of the winning team will get send a load of tasty treats from Kind Snacks!
You can run any distance, but medal ribbons are only available in 2km (starred ribbon), 5km, 10km and Half Marathon distances. Each race is £10 regardless of the distance. 20% of the revenue from the events will go to Dorothy House.
About Dorothy House;
At Dorothy House we believe every life is special. We're here to make sure that anyone in our community who is facing a life-limiting illness can live well, and die well.
Our services are free of charge as we believe that everyone should be able to access palliative and end of life care, but we couldn't do this without the generous support of our local community.
For every £1 we receive from the NHS we need to raise £5, and this is where we need your help.
Select your medal - each medal will come complete with a virtual 5km, 10km or Half Marathon ribbon. Medal reference number is in the bottom left hand corner if each image when you select it.