It is with much sadness and reluctance we have not been able to proceed with this event. We weren't attracting sufficient numbers to cover our basic event costs (loos, site hire, medical) to go ahead. Whilst we were prepared to take a bit of a hit to show events can both be fun and safe, we have to be prudent with our funds having been closed now 5 months now.
Rest assured, we will be trying again and when we do we will need your support more than ever to kick start the even world. Thank you for supporting us, we will be back!
We are very excited to be bringing back running events in a very safe and new format. The event is being held at Odd Down Cycle Circuit in Bath, BA2 2PR. The event is held on laps of the cycle circuit; 1 on the inside of the tarmac track, 1 on the outside of the tarmac track and 1 on the grass around the outside of the track. We have sole use of the site which is enabling us to keep a good grasp on the number of people attending.
We are using the same specialist event insurance as we do for our Mud Bath, Night Runs and Cheddar Omnium events. Your finish time and result will therefore not appear on UK Athletics websites.
The event is an INDIVIDUAL timed run, with runners setting off at 30 second intervals. We do the timing, you do the running. Runners will take part as individuals, with a maximum of two runners starting together if they are from the same household. Please only start as a pair if you intend to run the whole event together. Your race is timed by our timing team.
If you wish to start at the same start time as another runner from your household you must select the same predicted time so that you appear next to each other in the start list. Please select a slightly obscure time to facilitate this, eg 24 mins, 12 seconds rather than 25mins, 0 seconds.
Runners will register to be part of a Wave of 90 runners. The 90 runners will be seeded fastest to slowest, using predicted times supplied on the registration form. Individual runners will be set off at 30 second intervals over 45mins, followed by a 15min break before the next wave starts. All waves are open to all ability and experience levels.
By seeding runners fastest to slowest it should reduce the need for runners to overtake. If you need to overtake a runner than pass with a 2m+ distance. If you are overtaken you must drop back by 10m before attempting to repass. There is one short section which is narrow on the course where there is no over taking. A 10m gap must be maintained until a sign tells you it is clear to pass again.
There will be no places available for on the day sign ups.
When you register you will have selected a predicted finish time which will be used to seed runners in your wave from fastest to slowest. Start lists will be published online the week of the race. You need to look up your race number and your individual start time. There will be no start list displays on site so it is important you make a note of this info.
Once you have collected your race number and safety pins you will be directed to the Holding Area where you can attach your race number. Here there will be a grid of stakes spaced out at roughly 5m intervals. Please wait by a stake, any stake. One person, or two from the same household per stake. No groups of six please.
You can see the pre start grid represented by yellow Xs below.
The first five runners (those with the five quickest predicted start times) will be called up the start line together and take up positions as the next five runners to start, this is shown as the Pink Xs. Once the first runner has started the other four runner advance one stake. The 6th runner to start (6th quickest predicted time) will then be called by the Race Starter to take up position at the back of the pink Xs. Regardless of their position in the holding area, be it A or Z, in the grid of yellow Xs, each runner has sufficient space to move through the other waiting runners to make their way to the start.
This is a contactless race. You will be able to breeze through the whole process as an individual if you wish, without needing to chat too much with staff or other runners. You can also use this as a great opportunity to catch up with your fellow runners providing everyone follows the appropriate guidance of course.
- You must remain in your car until 30mins before your start time and you must leave site 30mins after you have finished. This helps manage the number of people on site and it is also necessary to make space in the car park for runners in later waves.
- We are practising a 2m+ social distance policy - we have the luxury of space so we are going to make good use of it.
- Our race unit is 1 person, or 2 from the same household. You must move through number collection, post race refreshments and wait pre race in this fashion. Stakes, cones or marks on the floor will guide you. One way systems will be in place and hand sanitiser available before all contact points.
- Gatherings of 6 may only take place in the car park, well removed from the main race space. An even more suitable place would be to catch up at a local pub or cafe who I am sure would love some extra custom :-)
- Face coverings are mandatory and must be worn before and after the run, do not wear a face covering during your run. A buff or similar is ideal as this can be worn around your wrist when you are running. If you lip read please contact us ahead of time so we can help with any additional arrangements that might be required.
- Spectators are not permitted at this time.
- We are not performing temperature checks pre race. If you do not feel well in any way, do not attend the event. Covid tests are not available on site.
- The Relish staff will be in full PPE; masks, gloves/hand sanitiser, visors or screens will be used for any closer interactions should they be required.
The route is 3 clockwise laps. The easiest way to visualise it is as a spiral, albeit a squashed spiral. The first lap is on the inside line of the cycle circuit which is on a tarmac surface (1.5km). The second lap is on the outer line of the cycle circuit (1.5km). The final lap is around the outside of the circuit circuit, with a slight extension at the far end on a grass surface (2km). The route is nice and flat!
Runners will be marshalled as the cross the running lines to get to the start point (S) at the centre of the spiral.
The race is open to new runners, please click Register below.
Runners who have paid for a race which has been postponed (eg Two Tunnels May/July, Cheddar,Lacock, Bath Running Festival) are welcome to transfer their run regardless of the original distanced to this race. Please follow the instructions linked here!
Final start times will be published on race week, most likely Weds or Thurs. When you register you will sign up for a 45min window.
Medals and refreshments for all finishers!
Whilst it feels like life is returning to normal, and we sincerely hope it is, there is the potential for further disruption which could come into play at any time. In this event we will still owe payment to our suppliers; medical cover, portaloos etc which we will honour. This means we will have to pay for these facilities twice, in full again on the rearranged date which will put a big hole in the budget. This does mean we won't be in a position to offer a refund, but we will honour your booking and transfer if to another event.
There is free on site parking and many bike racks for cyclists. We have portaloos and one caterer in attendance.
There is a small bag drop area only to be used by cyclists and people who have walked to site. If you have driven please run with your car key.